Published since 1883, JAMA offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach from manuscript submission through publication. JAMA reaches physicians, other health professionals, researchers, policy makers, librarians, journalists, and others interested in medicine and public health throughout the world. JAMA provides the following:
Prompt Decisions, Rapid Publication Timelines
- Time to first decision overall (median): 3 days for initial decision without review; 39 days with review
- Fast publication: median time from acceptance to publication is 2-23 days for Online First publication and 34-40 days for publication in print
- Highly selective peer review and editorial evaluation, with 9.5% acceptance rate of more than 7100 annual submissions; 4% acceptance of more than 4800 research papers
- JAMA-EXPRESS and Online First publication: expedited peer review, revision, and online publication in 4 weeks or less for select clinical trials, other major studies, or reports with urgent public health importance
- Coordination with meeting presentation: opportunity to publish new research simultaneously with your presentation at scientific meetings
Impact and Reach
- Impact Factor of 35.3, one of the highest in medicine and science
- Broad reach, with nearly 15 million annual visits to JAMA online and the largest print circulation of any general medical journal, with more than 320,000 recipients worldwide
- Extensive news media coverage, with news releases of major articles distributed each week to more than 5000 journalists worldwide and video news releases of major articles seen by 20 million viewers each week
- Highlights of your article via weekly JAMA issue summary Podcasts, audio and video interviews, email alerts, Twitter, Facebook, and Topic Collections
- Enhanced reader access, with 1.2 million recipients of electronic alerts (eTable of Contents and Online First) and more than 265,000 Followers on Twitter and Facebook
JAMA offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach, from manuscript submission through publication.
- Prompt, expert review and consideration from JAMA's experienced editors
- Highest editorial standards and services to improve your accepted manuscript’s accuracy, reliability, and readability for both print and online publication
- CME credit available for lead authors who publish in JAMA
- Opportunity for your work to be augmented with expert illustration, interactive features, video, and audio
- Author Video and Audio Interviews of selected articles
- Free access: all Original Investigations are freely available on the day of publication on the JAMA Network Reader and 6 months after publication on the JAMA website
- No author fees: no submission, page, color, or publication charges
- Online extras: ability to post supplemental content online and download your article’s tables and figures as PowerPoint slides
- Alerts when your article is cited by other journals
- The JAMA Network advantage: authors of papers not accepted by JAMA may have the option to have their papers and reviewers’ comments automatically referred to one of the JAMA Network Specialty Journals
For more information, see JAMA's Mission and Objectives and Instructions for Authors.
Submit your manuscript at http://manuscripts.jama.com.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call 312-464-4444.