RUSH MEDICAL COLLEGE,
Medical department of Lake Forest University, was organized by Daniel Brainerd, M.D., who was its first president, in 1842. It is chartered under the general laws of the State for corporations. It is governed by a board of twelve trustees.
The college opened in a small building on the north side of the city, which was soon replaced by one larger and better arranged. This was destroyed by the fire of 1871. Then the college was moved to a temporary structure on the south side of the city, where it remained till four years later, when its present building was completed. It is located at the corner of Wood and W. Harrison Streets.
During the past winter a new laboratory has been commenced on the lot opposite the college, which will be completed in time for the next winter session. It will contain spacious rooms for laboratory