Buffalo, N. Y., March 17, 1906.
To the Editor:
—Referring to the discussion in regard to Rhus toxicodendron and Rhus venenata in your issues of January 27 and March 17, and intervening issues, I would like to make some observations and to ask some questions. I seem to be immune. When a little boy, spending the summer vacations on a farm, I repeatedly tried to poison myself by walking through patches of ivy barefoot, and even rubbing it into the skin and into abraded places, but failed in a number of trials in several summers. My object was to exchange the hygienic advantages and loneliness of the country for the more familiar disadvantages of the city. For a number of years afterward I did not hesitate to handle the plant freely, and was never poisoned. Since arriving at years of relative discretion I have avoided the plant as a matter