The following case which occurred in my practice is, I believe, fairly typical, the source very plain, and readily illustrates that ignorance plays a prominent part in the causation of lead-poisoning.
The patient in my case, who had no idea that lead was poisonous, was one of sixteen girls working at the same occupation of sealing tin cans. More cases were undoubtedly averted by the recognition of this case and explanation to the others of the cause of their companion's illness.
The circulation of printed information among employees where the various preparations of lead are used would probably eliminate a certain per cent, of cases. Medical inspection, as Hamilton1 says, would of course be ideal.
—E. F., aged 16, employed in a milk condensery, sealing cans, complained of cramps and vomiting and weakness of arms and hands, which began about two months previously, the first symptoms being more