Elmhurst, Ill., Sept. 6, 1907.
To the Editor:
—I wish to report a mishap which occurred during the use of a therapeutic lamp. The lamp used was a small portable one. While administering a treatment over the abdomen, for a diffuse peritonitis, without any known cause the globe exploded, severely frightening and burning the patient.The therapeutic lamp is frequently used about the face in the treament of boils, infections, eczema, neuralgia, enlarged glands, etc. Since the incandescent globe may explode, light and heat should be administered through a different medium.