The dedication of the new Medical College building of the Tulane University took place November 4.
After a prayer by Archbishop Janssens, Judge Chas. E. Fenner, President of the Board of Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund, then formally presented the building to Col. William Preston Johnston, President of Tulane University.
His address was as follows:
The brief and modest inscription which attracts the attention of all who enter this structure informs them in simple words that "This building, dedicated to medical science under the auspices of the Medical Department of Tulane University of Louisiana, is erected by Ida A. Slocomb in memory of her husband, Dr. Tobias Gibson Richardson,Professor of Anatomy 1858-1872, Professor of Surgery 1872-1889, Dean of the Medical Faculty of 1865-1885." It is thus recorded that Dr. Richardson devoted thirty-one years of his life to active service as a Professor in the Medical Faculty, during twenty of