The head rest here illustrated possesses these advantages:
1. It will fit any operating table.
2. When adjusted, it is a part of the table and is not dislodged from position if the table is moved.
3. It is simple, having only three points of adjustments.
4. The head is held firmly in place, thus permitting strong retraction of the muscle flap, obviating the necessity of extra incision. I now no longer find it necessary to make the vertical incision of the cross bow, thus lessening loss of blood and amount of scar.
5.The head is held in strong flexion, permitting easy access to the depths of the wound about the base of the occiput.
6. The head cap can be raised or lowered at will, allowing for change of position if desired and making an easier Proximation of the wound edges in closing.
7. It is light, weighing less