In the great majority of cases of mercurial poisoning, the period of life, after the ingestion of the poison, is relatively a brief one, and thorough studies are therefore impossible, owing to the severity of the condition, and early death. Our patient recovered, and permitted a thorough laboratory study of her condition.
—F. W., woman, aged 28, was admitted to the German Hospital, Nov. 28, 1915, in a semicomatose condition and very irrational, with the diagnosis of acute mercuric chlorid poisoning. According to the mother, five days previous to admission to the hospital, the patient had swallowed half a tumblerful of water in which two tablets of mercuric chlorid had been dissolved. On further inquiry it was learned that there was almost complete suppression of urine, at least twenty-four hours prior to admission.The past history was unimportant except for the fact that the patient has always