A case report in The Journal, April 10, 1909, p. 1180, of a darning-needle extracted from the epigastrium of an infant, brings to my mind a similar case.
Baby A., 9 months old, breast-fed and in every way a healthy child, had in some manner obtained his father's stick-pin from his tie and swallowed it. The father did not miss the pin until ready to go to bed and then supposed he had left it at the barber-shop. The next day, while the mother was changing the baby's napkin, she noticed something protruding from the anus, and on closer inspection discovered it to be the stick-pin with the large part or head of the pin protruding. The pin measured 2% inches.