This convenient sized book is printed in legible type on good paper. Although it is the work of 68 collaborators, it is well-organized and well-written and has a detailed index.
Believing in the existence of an exceptional interplay of medicine and surgery in obstetrics, the Mt. Sinai Hospital departed from the usual pattern of organization when it opened its first department of obstetrics in November, 1952. It created 10 specialty clinics within the framework of the department of obstetrics: cardiac, pulmonary, hypertensive, diabetic, hematologic, neurologic, psychosomatic, obstetric-gynecologic, endocrine, and vaginitis and varicose vein. Each of the 10 special clinics meets in the prenatal clinic area at a different time than the ordinary antepartum clinic. Members of the obstetric-gynecologic resident staff attend the special clinics for the dual purpose of their instruction and furnishing patients routine prenatal care. This book is the result of the information gained by the participating group