An experiment in postgraduate education being conducted by the Indiana State Medical Association will be watched with great interest by the profession. Beginning in January 1951, scientific programs are to be transmitted once a month by private telephone wire to the 92 county societies throughout the state. This is similar to the plan that has been used successfully for the past four years by the School of Dentistry of the University of Illinois.
For the present all programs will originate at the University of Indiana Medical School, where the speakers of the evening gather before microphones. The state society and the school arrange for a network of private wires, with bridging amplifiers that go out to each town where a county society meets. The county society in turn arranges for a private line to its meeting place and for the loan of a public address system. Listeners are furnished with