0
We're unable to sign you in at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Retry
We were able to sign you in, but your subscription(s) could not be found. Please try again in a few minutes.
Retry
There may be a problem with your account. Please contact the AMA Service Center to resolve this issue.
Contact the AMA Service Center:
Telephone: 1 (800) 262-2350 or 1 (312) 670-7827  *   Email: subscriptions@jamanetwork.com
Error Message ......
Other Articles |

WASHINGTON NEWS

JAMA. 1950;144(6):470. doi:10.1001/jama.1950.02920060032017.
Text Size: A A A
Published online

ABSTRACT

Physicians in Service  Slow-moving machinery of the doctor-draft law has not yet solved the Army's medical manpower problems. A full month after enactment of the law the Army was forced to order up 130 medical reserves, mostly veterans of World War II and the very group the law was designed to keep out of uniform at the present time. Approximately 90 per cent of the 130 are captains, with the other 10 per cent made up of selected specialists of higher rank. An Army spokesman said they are fairly well distributed geographically but that this call has not been broken down into Army area quotas.Men to be called now do not represent an over-all increase. Instead, they will count against Army area quotas announced in August, when a call was issued for 734 physicians to be in uniform by mid-October. Only two weeks ago the Army said it had

Topics

Sign in

Purchase Options

• Buy this article
• Subscribe to the journal
• Rent this article ?

First Page Preview

View Large
First page PDF preview

Figures

Tables

References

CME
Also Meets CME requirements for:
Browse CME for all U.S. States
Accreditation Information
The American Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The AMA designates this journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM per course. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physicians who complete the CME course and score at least 80% correct on the quiz are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
Note: You must get at least of the answers correct to pass this quiz.
Please click the checkbox indicating that you have read the full article in order to submit your answers.
Your answers have been saved for later.
You have not filled in all the answers to complete this quiz
The following questions were not answered:
Sorry, you have unsuccessfully completed this CME quiz with a score of
The following questions were not answered correctly:
Commitment to Change (optional):
Indicate what change(s) you will implement in your practice, if any, based on this CME course.
Your quiz results:
The filled radio buttons indicate your responses. The preferred responses are highlighted
For CME Course: A Proposed Model for Initial Assessment and Management of Acute Heart Failure Syndromes
Indicate what changes(s) you will implement in your practice, if any, based on this CME course.

Multimedia

Some tools below are only available to our subscribers or users with an online account.

3 Views
0 Citations

Sign in

Purchase Options

• Buy this article
• Subscribe to the journal
• Rent this article ?

Related Content

Customize your page view by dragging & repositioning the boxes below.

Jobs
×
brightcove.createExperiences();