(From Our Regular Correspondent)Jan. 9, 1937.
The Influenza Epidemic
A widespread but mild epidemic of influenza is prevalent in the British Isles. Its extent can be judged from the fact that 8 per cent of the London police force are affected, while their normal total sick list is 3 per cent. In Leicester 11 per cent of the factory workers and 40 per cent of the schoolchildren are affected and the street car service has had to be curtailed because of the large number of men who are ill. The Irish Free State Department of Public Health has circularized local bodies urging them to organize health and nursing services, and where an epidemic of influenza occurs warning should be given through the press. The British Ministry of Health has issued the following advice as to the prevention of influenza: Rooms should be well ventilated and airy but not