(Physicians will confer a favor by sending for THIS department items of news of more or less general interest: such as relate to society activities, new hospitals, education, public health, etc.)
Dedication of Hospital at Tucson.
—The U. S. Veterans' Bureau recently dedicated its 261 bed tuberculosis hospital at Tucson. At the ceremony, Brigadier General Hines, director of the bureau, stated that the temporary hospital which had been at Tucson had demonstrated the need for a permanent institution, even though most of the demand for facilities came from without the state of Arizona. The new hospital is on a 114 acre tract which was donated by the Tucson chamber of commerce. The architecture is of Spanish Mission style with wide porches, overhanging tile roofs, shaded gardens, high ceilings and recreation areas. The number of patients from Arizona in all veterans' hospitals on June 30, 1928, was 211, about 73