(Physicians will confer a favor by sending for this department items of news of more or less general interest: such as relate to society activities, new hospitals, education, public health, etc).
Medical Library Board.—
The Maricopa County Medical Society has formed a library board with the responsibility of developing and maintaining the medical library opened by the society in Phoenix early in 1932. Members of the board are Drs. Orville H. Brown, chairman; George E. Shields, secretary-treasurer; Fred G. Holmes, Louis C. B. Baldwin and Thomas W. Woodman. Dr. William Warner Watkins was elected librarian. At present an attendant is in the library from 11 a. m. to 3 p. m. and the hours will be lengthened later. The library has available about ninety medical journals and several hundred books.
Dr. Robert Q. Patterson has been appointed professor of dermatology at the University of Arkansas School of Medicine, succeeding the late Dr. William R. Bathurst.
Dr. Major G. Seelig, St. Louis, addressed the Pulaski County Medical Society in Little Rock, November 13, on "A Retrospect of