Cases of hemlock poisoning, though relatively unusual, are not at all rare. The following case is reported not because of the rarity of the condition but because of the striking efficacy of the treatment employed; namely, the use of sodium amytal intravenously.
"The number of poisonous plants which are to be found growing wild or in gardens is much larger than is generally supposed, and the cases of poisoning annually reported are more numerous than is commonly realized. One of the most common ways in which poisoning occurs is from the eating of underground parts of plants which resemble more or less closely species that are known to be edible. Thus it has often happened that young folks off for a ramble in the country come across some wild plant that suggests parsnip or some similar herb and has an attractive looking root which has perhaps been uncovered by recent