During the last six years I have seen four cases of kerosene poisoning. One of the children died within a few minutes after medical aid was summoned, and no laboratory data could be obtained. However, a noticeable feature of the case was the bright cherry red color of the lips. This persisted until after death. Two of the patients did not get enough kerosene to cause any alarming symptoms. As I had access to laboratory and hospital facilities with the fourth case, I made an attempt to obtain some definite information on this condition.
REPORT OF CASE
A white boy, aged 15 months, admitted to the Methodist Hospital at 4 p. m., May 24, 1926, had drunk a portion of 6 ounces of kerosene, six hours previously. As the cup was tipped over when he was found, it was impossible to determine just how much he had swallowed.