(Physicians will confer a favor by sending for this department items of news of more or less general interest: such as relate to society activities, new hospitals, education, public health, etc.)
—The Highland Park Sanatorium, Montgomery, founded by Dr. Isaac L. Watkins, in 1895, has been sold to Dr. Thomas Brannon Hubbard.
—Dr. Jacob Roscoe Snyder, Birmingham, has been appointed medical adviser at the Alabama Children's Aid Society.—Dr. Fred D. Reynolds has succeeded Dr. E. W. Edahl as assistant state bacteriologist.
—At the annual meeting of the Alumni Association of the Medical School of the University of Alabama, Mobile, the following officers were elected: president, Dr. Josiah E. Evans, Mobile; vice presidents, Drs. Abner N. Steele, Anniston, and William W. Perdue, Mobile, and secretary-treasurer, Dr. Eugene Thames, Mobile.
—It is announced that the new Coffee Memorial Hospital, Florence, will soon be in