Irvine H. Page, MD, Cleveland, received the 1964 American Medical Association Distinguished Service Award during the Annual Convention.
Page, 63, is Director of Research for the Cleveland Clinic, with which he has been associated since 1945. He is widely known for his investigation in the fields of cardiac, vascular, and renal diseases.
He received his BA and MD degrees from Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Following internship at Presbyterian Hospital, New York, he became chief of the chemical division of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute, Munich, Germany. Later he was affiliated with the Memorial Hospital of the Rockefeller Institute and with the Lilly Clinic and Laboratory for Clinical Research.
In his 38 years as a physician, Page has received many previous awards, primarily for his contributions in the field of hypertension and as one of the discoverers and synthesizers of angiotensinamide. He received the Lasker Award in 1958.
He is past president