Animal House Planned
The advisory committee on architectural design of the U. S. Treasury Department has approved a plan for a scientific animal house to be erected for the National Institute of Health on a forty-five acre farm near Bethesda, Md. This site will be developed into an experimental station for the institute under an appropriation of $100,000, which has been available for some time. The farm was donated by Luke Wilson, retired business man, formerly of Evanston, Ill., from a part of his estate, Tree Tops, on the Rockville pike north of Bethesda.
Memorial to Colonel Hoff
A fountain erected in the circle opposite the main entrance to Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, D. C., was dedicated, October 25, as a memorial to Col. John Van Rensselaer Hoff, medical corps, U. S. Army, who died in 1920. Colonel Hoff was graduated from Albany Medical College in 1871 and from the